Friday, 8 March 2013

Crafty Creatives Box 8

It's actually been an age since the eighth Crafty Creatives box arrived however, due to my ineptness I didn't manage to collect mine from the post office for over a week. Since then I've been working on some makes from the box, but firstly a quick reminder of what was in the spots and stripes box! 

  • The kit: polymer clay pendant
  • Roll of washi tape
  • Spotty and stripey paper straws
  • Spotty cupcake cases
  • A spotty glass bead
  • 3m stripey string
  • 20 striped resin beads
  • 50cm spotty PVC fabric
  • Fat quarter of striped cotton
  • Pack of sticky dots
  • Stripey  tissue paper
  • Round nose pliers and pins
 Not forgetting the awesome art card by Paul Heard.

craftypainter: Crafty Creatives box 8

I was really looking forward to trying the polymer clay, I was a big fan of it when I was younger, although it was a lot harder to work with than I remembered (that could just have been my cold hands). 

craftypainter: Crafty Creatives box 8 kit

I had a go at making the hearts for the pendant but couldn't get them quite right (probably the cold hands again!). I didn't want to waste the kit on making a substandard pendants (I'm quite a fussy crafter) so I decided to try making buttons instead. 

I rolled out the polymer clay and used cotton reels and a lip balm lid as cutters. I used the two colours of clay to make some stripey  and spotty patterns and also used beads, buttons and shells to make textured patterns. Finally I used a cocktail stick to make the holes. My favourite pattern was made using the cinnabar bead from box 3. 

craftypainter: polymer clay buttons

I'm really pleased with the buttons although some of them were quite thin and bendy so will be used for decorative purposes rather than functional. 

I've also had a go at using the washi tape to make some cute gift tags which I'll be listing in my Etsy Shop.

craftypainter: washi tape gift tags

I'm planning to use the PVC fabric to make a cover for my bicycle seat and the rest of the box will be absorbed into my craft collection, the paper straws will take some thought though.

Did you get box 8? What have you made so far? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I've not heard of the Crafty Creatives boxes before but they look like fun. Your buttons and tags are great!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts