Thursday, 3 January 2013

Make & Craft Magazine Home Decorations Swap

Regular visitors will know that I do love a craft swap; back in October, Make and Craft Magazine launched their first craft swap with the theme of home decorations. This was my third craft swap and I was paired with Steph of Stickytarts.

Steph's email said she likes unusual fabrics so I decided to go with a set of my strawberry decorations made using floral William Morris fabric, I also made a lavender heart using some of my scraps. As part of the swap rules I needed to buy a £3 treat; I found some festive snow flake socks, a bar of mint cream chocolate, and added a bundle of coloured ribbons.
craftypainter: William Morris strawberries and lavender heart

In return I received a wonderful package containing a Santa tin stuffed with three of Steph's star-shaped decorations. I absolutely love the colours of these and am really pleased to have received them. Also included in the package from Steph was a yummy nakd bar and some glittery fabric paints.
craftypainter: Home decorations craft swaps by Stickytarts

If you love Steph's star decorations as much as I do then do vist her shop.

Have you taken part in any swaps recently? Do let me know, I'm always on the look out for new things to try.

7 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts to send and receive! I did the Curiosity box swap this Christmas which was fabulous.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds like a really exciting one. I've also been thinking about joing a food box swap. x

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! Everything you sent and received were lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love doing these swaps, it's so exciting to receive a lovely mystery parcel. I'd highly recommend it. x

      Delete
  3. I have yet to enter one of these. I look at them and then keep putting it off! Your makes are beautiful as are the ones you received. A great partnership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should!! It's really easy to sign up and lovely to 'meet' other crafty types. x

      Delete
  4. awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really

    sweet!
    painters edmonton

    painting contractor edmonton

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts