Sunday, 13 January 2013

January in my garden

Part of my plan to reorganise my blog is to introduce some regular posts. So this will be the first of my monthly posts where I'll be checking in with what's happening around my little garden. I always tend to subject  it to a few months of neglect towards the end of the year and at the moment it needs a lot of work. There's lots of cutting back to be done but I'm waiting for a warmer day when I can get properly stuck in. 

craftypainter: January in the garden

For now I'll satisfy myself with the winter gems that can be found and think about what needs doing.  January is always an exciting time of year when things start sprouting and you can think about your plans for the coming year (indoors with a cup of tea). I especially like to get all my seed packets out and decide what I'll be planting and when. 
craftypainter: January in the garden

One problem I have is I love sowing seeds but I'm not so good at remembering to pot them on or plant them out in time and I hope that my regular garden catch-up will motivate me in the same way that my blog has helped me to be more creative. 


6 comments:

  1. You seem to have a fair bit of life in your garden already! I have to say I get a real lift whenever I spot some bulbs peaking up. The snowdrops are also coming out! Spring is on its way (very slowly!) Good luck with your project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hard to find, glad I didn't get the cutting back done though as it's keeping the new shoots protected. Forgot to check on my snow drops will have to see if I can find them, if not Fulbourn nature reserve will have a carpet of them in a few weeks!

      Delete
  2. That is great! I am not sure whether to do anything to our garden this year as we are hoping to move and so I am thinking it is probably not worth it. I will get my gardening fix through your monthly posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with a few annuals. I'll put some poppies and nigella by for you when I have my seed box sort out. X

      Delete
  3. Your garden is so cute!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. It's little but I love it x

      Delete

Popular Posts