Thursday, 24 January 2013

Cherry cheesecake

This is a seriously yummy recipe for cheesecake which also happens to be dairy free! Everyone who has been forced by me in to trying it has said they can't tell its vegan and it's even received the seal of approval from some of my WI friends. The recipe is based on this one but I've swapped some of the ingredients for those more freely available in UK shops.

You will need:

2 cups of digestive biscuits
1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
1 cup silken tofu
1 cup dairy-free cream cheese
Juice and zest of one lemon
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon corn flour
2 tablespoons soya milk
1 tin cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 175c

Crush the biscuits and stir in the maple syrup. Line the based of a 9 inch spring form cake tin and press the biscuit mix into the tin. Bake for 5 minutes.


In a blender, combine the tofu, cream cheese, lemon zest & juice, icing sugar, corn flour and soya milk. Blend until smooth and pour onto the base.

Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 165c and bake for a further 15 minutes.

Allow to cool before running a knife gently around the edge to loosen.

Serve with a generous spoonful of pie filling and try not to eat it all at once.


I've found that budget digestive biscuits are best as they don't contain any butter or milk powder.

If you find or know of any vegan friendly bakes, please do leave me the link in the comments, I would love to give them a try.


6 comments:

  1. This was the best non dairy cheesecake ever! My first try of vegan food I think and it is definitely one I'll be trying. Thanks Michaela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Claire and it's surely got to be healthier than a regular cheesecake?

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy - definitely one to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it made my day when I discovered I could still have baked cheesecake :)

      Delete
  3. Looks so yummy, I have craving for cheesecake now!

    Hannah
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts