Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Crafty Creatives Box 5

Hurrah it's that time again when the Crafty Creatives box arrives on our doorsteps (or rather in my case at the local sorting office!). This month I've tried to get stuck in straight away to show you my makes from the box rather than just talking about the contents. I hope you find some of these ideas useful!

cratypainter: Crafty Creatives art card
Here's a quick breakdown of the Nostalgic theme box contents (the art card this month has a beautiful illustration by Jo Askey):
  • The kit: a crochet mouse
  • Printed fabric
  • 1.5m festive ribbon
  • Vintage style Alice in Wonderland postcard
  • Jingle bells
  • 3 carousel pendants
  • Mini tea cup and saucer
  • 2 card layers
  • 2 wreath rings
  • Wooden girl and bunny
  • Edging scissors
  • Bunch of cinnamon sticks
  • Sheet of Christmas scraps
First up I got started on the mini wreath rings, using just thin strips of fabric about an inch wide I got wrapping, once I had wrapped all the way around I tied some ribbon tightly to hold in place, adding the carousel charms and finishing off with a bow. 

craftypainter: mini Christmas wreaths
Next I used some of the Christmas ribbon to make these festive gift tags. The strips are glued onto ready-made plain tags using the wonderful Fabri-tac glue from Box 1 (actually I'm on my third bottle already). Once dry the ends are snipped off and the glue prevents any fraying.

craftypainter: Christmas gift tags


I glued the cup and saucer together to make a cute little charm (I just need to get my hands on a simple silver bracelet to attach it to).

craftypainter: tea cup charm

And then I got started on the crochet mouse, perfect activity for my day off when I needed some distracting. My first attempt was a bit of a disaster, I think the instructions were written in US terms and I've only used British but once converted it was really straight forward, here he is with the Candy cat. 

craftypainter: Craty Creatives kit - crochet mouse
Finally, I strung the little jingle bells onto some 3mm ribbon to make a jingly festive garland. I glued the end of the ribbon first and rolled it to make it pointy so that I could thread the bells on. Once finished I snipped of the glued end and knotted it to stop the bells coming off. I distanced them equally along the length (about 3m) and the ribbon is just think enough that the bells stay in place without any knots.

craftypainter: bell garland

Of course I haven't used everything yet but I do have some plans... the cinnamon sticks will be made in to decorations with slices of dried orange and ribbon, and the beautiful wooden girl and bunny will become tree decorations and I think the printed fabric will look great as part of a quilt.
craftypainter: Crafty Creative Box 5
I'd love to hear your ideas for any of the items or let me know what you have made with the things in your box.

6 comments:

  1. What lovely things you have made! Such a lot of potential makes delivered in a box!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so much fun thinking up what to make!

      Delete
  2. Love your mouse! He's so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I tried to get the cat to pose with him but she wasn't having it. x

      Delete
  3. Wow - this is such a fab thing to subscribe to! I love seeing what you get.

    Am loving the jingly festive garland. I think I have some bells somewhere - I may have to steal that. Also I love the page of Christmas Scraps - when I was young my grandmother would always seem to have pages like that.

    GLx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided what to do with scraps yet, I'm thinking of maybe decorating my present wrapping with them. Need to buy the presents first though! x

      Delete

Popular Posts