Saturday, 29 September 2012

Popular Crafts Strawberry Swap

I signed up for my second craft swap earlier this month with Popular Crafts Magazine and this time the theme was strawberries. You can see my first adventure in to the world of craft swaps here.

This time I was paired up with fellow crafty blogger ValeryAnne, she blogs all about her makes over at It's an Alien Life. We were both really pleased to be paired together as we had lots in common and both love bright colours!!

I decided to make some cute strawberry decorations and fabric brooch using strawberry print fabrics.  I struggled a bit with the treat as ValeryAnne told me that she can't eat strawberries so that ruled out anything edible. In the end I found some mini washi-tapes; although not strawberry themed I'm sure that they will be put to good use. I'm really pleased with how the decorations turned out and will be making some more for the Christmas tree!
 Popular Crafts Strawberry Swaps by craftypainter

In return I received two strawberry print and turquoise cushion covers, I love the fat little bird on the larger cushion! There was also a cute felt cupcake with a strawberry on top and a fabric covered box which contained a treat of two bars of strawberry white chocolate!! I've already put the box to good use as storage for my sticker collection.

craftypainter: Popular Crafts Strawberry Swap
The Strawberry swap was the last one from Popular Crafts as the magazine is finishing. Fear not however, as the brand new Make & Craft magazine is launching on the 12th of October and with it comes a new craft swap. The same rules apply; you make something relevant to the theme and buy a £3 treat.  The theme for the first issue is home decorations and you can sign up on the Make & Craft website!

To celebrate the launch of the new magazine Make & Craft have organised a tour of craft blogs, a list of all the blogs taking part can be found on the Make & Craft blog and every one has a copy of a craft book to give away. Stop by next Thursday when I'll be hosting the tour for the day and will be giving away a copy of a great little craft book!

4 comments:

  1. Cushions look good against the dark blue chair. Glad you liked them. hugs Valeryanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, the colours are great and they fit in really well. Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't mind - I linked to your post on my blog. Mx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts