Saturday, 1 September 2012

Etsy Craft Party 2012

Last Friday I joined my fellow Cambridge crafters for the 2012 Etsy Craft party. Claireabellemakes got us all organised and her blog post about our afternoon can be found here!

I started off in Crochet Corner where two other crochet novices and I muddled our way through the instructions in a crochet book and eventually learnt how to do double crochet to produce some rather fine rectangles.

craftypainter: Etsy Craft Party - Crochet Hand Warmers
The following day I put my practise to good use and made these lovely hand warmers.

After a cake break, I got started on a friendship bracelet. I used to make loads of these when I was at school so even though it had been many years since, I quickly got back in to it.
craftypainter: Etsy Craft Party - Friendship Bracelet
I finished it off as soon as I got home and The Mike claimed it immediately!


I didn't have time on the day to have a go at the bicycle embroidery provided by Suzie Makes but I took home a spare pattern and on Sunday I discovered the upstairs of Hobby Craft in Cambridge (somehow I missed it last time) where I bought a small embroidery hoop. I got it finished after a couple of evenings.
craftypainter: Etsy Craft Party - Bicycle Embroidery

It was a great afternoon despite the chilly air and constant threat of rain. I learnt some brilliant new skills and rediscovered some long lost ones as well as meeting lots of lovely local crafters.

Hope to see everyone again next year!!




4 comments:

  1. You are a super neat crafter in all these projects! My bike embroidery looks very sloppy oops!

    Glad you enjoyed the party and worked on your crochet.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm sure your emboridery is just fine. Not sure how to finish mine off though, might just pop it in a frame. x

      Delete
  2. Massively impressed with your wrist warmers ... and your bike embroidery!

    GLx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot coming from a crochet guru!! x

      Delete

Popular Posts