Monday, 6 August 2012

Popular Crafts Polka Dot Swap

A few weeks ago I signed up to my first craft swap with Popular Crafts.  As a relative newbie to the on-line crafting community this was an exciting concept I had not previously come across.  Every couple of months there is a different theme, you sign up by email and are sent details of your swap partner. You then make something for your partner, relevant to the theme, and send it to them along with a £3 treat.

The theme for June/July was Polka Dot and I was partnered with @bebebunting. I received an email with Barbara's contact details and some info about interests and then went shopping for some polka dotty fabrics in colours that she would like. I made a corsage and a lavender heart and bought a slab of dark chocolate from Hotel Chocolat (after several failed attempts to find some spotty socks).

craftypainter: Popular Crafts Polka Dot Swap

I wrapped everything up in pink polka dot paper and I also found a spotty jiffy bag to package it all up in!

I was delighted with the package that I received which contained some beautiful bunting, two lavender hearts and spotty socks!! Bunting is Barbara's speciality and she has an Ebay shop full of lovely designs, well worth a visit.

craftypainter: Popular Crafts Polka Dot Swap

For the August/September swap the theme is Strawberries and you can sign up until the 6th of September via the Popular Crafts website.

Happy swapping!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Popular Crafts swaps! Lovely makes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it and have just signed up for the next one! x

      Delete

Popular Posts