Sunday, 8 July 2012

Peacock Cushion - Part II

Remember this??

Over two weekends I worked on my peacock cushion.  I initially drew out a small rough design and once I was happy with the layout, drew out a full sized plan to use as a template. I then traced all of the shapes from the plan on to Bondaweb (making sure to reverse the image of the peacock's head so that it would be facing in the right direction on the final piece) and ironed the Bondaweb pieces on to my chosen fabrics. 

Once all of the pieces were cut out and backed with Bondaweb I laid them out on the plan to ensure that no two pieces of the same fabric were too close together. The smaller 'inner feathers' were then ironed to the larger feathers.

Then all of the pieces were pinned and ironed to the backing fabric.

Once securely in place the pieces were stitched with zigzag stitching in matching coloured thread.
 

I used felt for the eye and a tighter zigzag stitch for the head feathers.
 

With all the stitching completed and trimmed I then finished off the cushion with a simple envelope cushion.  It's a beauty and I couldn't be happier with the results.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts