Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Crafty Creatives - Box 1

I nearly didn't write this post because I know there are numerous others who have already blogged about the Crafty Creatives box subscription. But I remembered that some of my blog readers (those who have lives outside of the crafting Twitter community) wont have seen all the other posts but might still like to hear about the Crafty Creatives box.

My only previous experience of a subscription like this is the Graze boxes that deliver a variety of tasty treats through your letter box every week (or at intervals chosen by you). But it turns out that box subscriptions aren't just limited to snacking, there are beauty boxes which come packed with samples of cosmetics to try before you buy and now the craft box has arrived courtesy of the ladies at Crafty Creatives.

I heard about the Crafty Creatives box subscription through Twitter, for £10 a month plus £2.95 p&p was the promise of a box full of crafty goodies.  I signed up straight away and was just in time for Box 1 which sold out only a few hours later. There was a lot of Twitter hype about the delivery of the first box, with everyone reporting on whether or not their box had arrived yet, it was very exciting!!

craftypainter: Crafty Creatives Box 1
Each month there is a different theme and this month was floral. The box contained an art card by Liz Kapiloto with a handy contents list on the back;
  • The CC kit - a flower brooch
  • 3 wooden floral printed buttons
  • 15 lucite flower beads
  • 1 floral shoe gift tag
  • 2 floral pegs
  • 5 wooden flower shaped buttons
  • 1 sheet of floral tissue paper
  • 1 glass pendant
  • embroidery thread
  • 1m floral cotton ribbon
  • 1 fat quarter of William Morris fabric
  • 2 smiley flower beads
craftypainter: Crafty Creatives Box 1 Contents
A box of loveliness
  craftypainter: Crafty Creatives Box 1 Contents
Also included each month is a craft kit containing materials and instructions for something to make, the kit for this month was for a flower brooch.
craftypainter: Crafty Creatives Box 1 Kit
After an hour or so in the garden after a baking hot day, I finally got round to completing the kit. This is very different from my own corsages which are flat and I enjoyed working the fabric into a perfect rose shape.
craftypainter: Crafty Creatives Kit - Flower Brooch
As I mentioned at the start there are lots of other bloggers who have written about the Crafty Creatives box, an expanding list of these can be found at on the Crafty Creatives blog.  I'm off to check them out now as I have put off reading them until I finished my own post.

And finally... if you missed out on Box 1, Crafty Creatives are offering the opportunity to win it! To be in with a chance to win, re-tweet this tweet before midnight on Wednesday 25th July.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts