Monday, 16 July 2012

Cambridge Open Studios 2012 - Sandy McPhoenix

This weekend was week two of Cambridge Open Studios 2012 and I headed of to Bottisham with my ma for a wonder around.  Sandy McPhoenix is open for the first time this year and it was a real treat to visit her.  Sandy's studio was set up in a converted barn (I think it was a barn) and the first thing I noticed was the amazing smell of lavender from the lavender sardines and lavender bags she was making. The lavender bags have a really cute applique design of her gorgeous dog Marvin. As well as the lavender bags there were beautiful cushions, toy dogs and door stops.
Toy dogs with door stop, flower cushion and  Marvin lavender bags by Sandy McPhoenix.
We stopped for tea and lovely cake too and then popped back in to the studio for another chat and to buy some lavender bags. Here is one of Sandy's lavender sardines hanging from my blackberry bush.
Lavender sardine by Sandy McPhoenix
Sandy's studio is open again next weekend 21-22 July and there is even talk of a Christmas Open Studio. For further information and lots more pictures of Sandy's work, visit her page on the Cambridge Open Studios website

3 comments:

  1. You are a treasure! Your photos make everything look great. Thank you for coming along - it was a real pleasure meeting you and your mum. I found your peacock cushion on your lovely blog and was knocked out by it - the carefully simple design and the colours that make you cry in the dark - just perfect.
    Keep on making, love Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy, I'm glad you approve. Hopefully see you at a Christmas Open Studio, we'll certainly be back. I'll keep an eye out. Michaela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michaela, I love how you round corner your images. It makes them so more interesting and crafty. I will have to try this out on my blog. Apart from mines unfortunately not pink. Oh well perhaps time for a redesign.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts