Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Amazing homemade lemonade (with lime!)

The jubilee bank holiday seemed like a great excuse for a barbecue, unfortunately the weather fairies disagreed so my home made bunting stayed inside along with the jam-jar tea light holders that I made for my birthday barbecue last year. While I didn't add anything new to the barbecue decorations, I decided to make my own lemonade. Or since I love limes so much lemon and limeade, I cannot tell you how easy it was to make (apart from all the lemon squeezing!!), here's my winning recipe.

1 cup lemon juice (or lemon and lime)
1 1/4 cups sugar
6-8 cups water

Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice over a low heat to make a syrup. I used four small lemons and four limes to make one cup of juice. Allow to cool and then dilute to taste. Serve over ice with fresh mint and sliced lemon.

Yum!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts