Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Two finished paintings in one go!

Here are the two paintings I planned to finish at the weekend. Since yesterday was a bank holiday Monday (and therefore technically still the weekend) I allowed myself some time for a bit of finishing up. Then I couldn't find my camera so the pictures didn't make it up today, but here they are finally.

This one has taken a couple of years, but I am finally at the point where I am happy to declare it as officially finished. I have loved working on this painting on and off, it has been sitting on the easel neglected for months at a time but inspiring me every now and again to keep at it.
Nigella
©2011 Michaela Joysey
Oil on canvas
This painting has been on the cards for a while but only started a few weeks ago when I picked up the paint brushes again. I started the painting about 6 or 7 weeks ago but had been planning it for about a year. That's not a whole year of planning, rather I took the original photograph, made the final image and made the canvas a year ago and then stopped. It was great to have something I could get stuck in to straight away when I was ready. The orchid in this painting is now on a second flowering, perhaps I should aim to photograph and paint it again before it has finished.

Orchid
©2011 Michaela Joysey
Oil on canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts