Monday, 11 July 2011

Taking the Plunge

Welcome to my new blog where I will be sharing my painting and crafting escapades. I studied fine art at university and since graduating in 2003 have completed approximately four whole paintings (and numerous crafty projects). While at uni I hoped that I would one day make a living from my painting. However, in the real world what I needed was a job. I do get the bug every now and then and spend some late nights at the easel but with a full time job it's easier to plonk yourself in front of the television at the end of the day. Over the past few months I have been thinking more and more about getting off my bottom and getting more creative. The time has come.....

In order to give myself a much needed nudge in the right direction, I spent the weekend visiting local artists through Cambridge Open Studios (something I would love to be able to do one day). It seems to have done the trick and I have spent the morning thinking about how to get started. I think in reality this has as much to do with envy for the people whose homes and studios I visited as well as inspiration.

Starting this blog is my first step.

Next I'm off to pop out for some paint! On Saturday evening I came home from visiting no less than six Open Studios and wanted to get cracking only to find I have run out of yellow paint. So with my day off (while my landlord repaints our patio door), I'm off in to town for supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts