Saturday, 23 July 2011

Comuni Art

Yesterday morning I was contacted by an old school friend who had spotted a poster in a cafe in Cambridge that she thought might be of interest to me. She emailed me a photo of the poster (I love modern technology!) which was an advert for Comuni Art inviting local artists to sign up.

According to their website Comuni Art works to make art more accessible and affordable, from an artists point of view they provide a profile page to showcase work, the opportunity to set up a page of work for sale and the option of setting your profile to indicate that you accept commissions so others can use the site to contact you.

I had previously heard of Comuni Art but for some reason thought they were more for London based artists. According to the poster I was wrong, so in the evening I signed up. It was really easy to register but to join as an artist you have to send a message requesting to be added along with some examples of work. I don't know if this is just a formality to prove that you are not just pretending to be an artist or if they genuinely judge the quality of your work before deciding if you are good enough. As I can happily confirm that I got an email accepting my request I like to think it is the latter.

Here is my profile on Comuni Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts